Our responsibility to you
We are committed to giving you the best possible service.
- Waiting Times- We run an appointment system in the practice. You will be given a time at which the clinician hopes to be able to see you. You should not wait more than 20 minutes in the waiting room without receiving an explanation for the delay.
- Access- You will have access to a doctor in cases of emergency; we offer same-day appointments in cases of urgency or otherwise within 48 hours. We will arrange a home visit as appropriate for those who are too ill or inform to be brought to the surgeries.
- Telephone-We will try to answer the phone promptly and aim to ensure there are sufficient staff available to do this. You should be able to speak to a doctor or nurse practitioner by telephone appointment.
- Test results- If you have undergone tests or x-rays ordered by the practice, we will inform you of the results at your next appointment. If no further appointment needs to be arranged, we will advise you when and how to obtain these.
- Respect-Patients will be treated as individuals and partners in their healthcare, irrespective of their ethnic group or religious and cultural beliefs.
- Information- We will give you full information about the services we offer. Every effort will be made to ensure that you receive that information which directly affects your health and the care being offered.
- Health Promotion-The practice will offer patients advice and information on; steps they can take to promote good health and avoid illness and self-help which can be undertaken without reference to a doctor in the case of minor ailments.
- Health Records- You have the right to see your health record, subject to limitations to the law. These will be kept confidential at all times.